Yayasan Inisiasi Alam Rehabilitasi Indonesia (Yayasan IAR Indonesia/YIARI) is a non-profit organisation with a focus on the rescue, rehabilitation and conservation of wildlife. Yayasan IAR Indonesia rescues and rehabilitates orangutans, macaques and slow lorises with the aim to prepare these animals for release back into their natural habitat. Yayasan IAR Indonesia also engages in education and awareness programmes that convey messages to the public to treat all animals with compassion and care.
We are currently seeking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill a vacant position as Orangutan And Slow Loris Reintroduction Programme Manager. The selected candidate will be based at our Centre for Rescue and Conservation of Orangutan in Ketapang, West Kalimantan with frequent field site visits to our two field stations: Gunung Tarak (Ketapang) and one in Bukit Baka Bukit Raya (Sintang)
Details of the position and location:
This position is a full time Management position at the Senior Management Team (SMT) Level based in the Ketapang project of YIARI in Ketapang, West Kalimantan, requiring time at the reintroduction field station, with travels to meetings in Bogor, Jakarta or Pontianak, and field trips within Kalimantan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Programme Director and the Chairman of the Yayasan, this Programme Manager is responsible for the management, oversight and implementation of the YIARI Orangutan and Slow loris Reintroduction Programme in Ketapang.
The following is an indicative list of main duties and responsibilities:
- General Requirement:
Fluent in Indonesian and English
- Minimum required a Diploma (S1) in a related discipline. A Masters or PhD will be considered in the selection process.
- At least 2 years experience in conservation in Indonesia
- Experience in rehabilitation and reintroduction projects. Any experience with Orangutans or other primates will be considered.
- This position requires field work at a research station and field camps. A good and healthy physical and mental condition is required.
- Good knowledge of computer required, amongst others: Word, Excel, SPSS, etc. GIS knowledge and work experience will be considered in the selection process.
- Experience in survey techniques including data analysis and reporting required.
- Experience in behavioral observation data collection, analysis and reporting required.
- Experience in proposal and funding application writing and donor reporting required.
- Management skills required (at least two years in a Management position).
The terms of reference (TOR) can be viewed through the following links:
Interested candidates, please send your application along with a detailed CV to:
or Jalan Ketapang–Tanjungpura, RT010 Dusun Pematang Merbau, Kecamatan Muara Pawan, Ketapang 78813, Kalimantan Barat
Deadline for submission by 30th September, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.