Job Vacancy – FPIC & Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist – Ketapang, West Kalimantan
Yayasan Inisiasi Alam Rehabilitasi Indonesia (YIARI) is a non-profit organization with a focus on the rescue, rehabilitation and conservation of wildlife. Yayasan IAR Indonesia rescues and rehabilitates orangutans, macaques and slow lorises with the aim to prepare these animals for release back into their natural habitat. Yayasan IAR Indonesia also engages in education and awareness programmes that convey messages to the public to treat all animals with compassion and care.
YIARI opened a vacancy for a position as a FPIC & Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist, who will be placed at the Orangutan Conservation and Rescue Center, Ketapang – West Kalimantan.
- Provide hands-on community facilitation to implement FPIC (including grievance redress mechanisms) following best internationally recognized practice and in the context of a REDD+ project
- Help design and provide hands-on community facilitation for a large sustainable livelihood’s strategy
- Provide technical and capacity-building input to YIARI staff and partners on key issues including: Stakeholder analysis, Community participation in governance structures and processes, Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC), Grievance redress mechanism, Equitable benefit-sharing mechanisms
- Facilitate the sharing of relevant information, knowledge and lessons learnt internally via appropriate channels
- With agreement of the line manager, perform other tasks that may be requested from time to time and that are appropriate to skills and experience
- Supervise staff members as required.
- Track record in successful FPIC and grievance redress mechanism facilitation
- Relevant post-graduate degree, or equivalent, in social sciences as they relate to natural resource management
- Practical experience of working with rural communities
- Proven success working on socioeconomic and sustainability issues with, and/or within, the NGO and private sectors
- Proven experience of supporting compliance with, and monitoring and reporting against, international safeguards and other relevant standards – Climate Community & Biodiversity (CCB), Plan Vivo and/or IFC or similar standards
- Proven experience implementing Conservation Agriculture projects
- Experience working on community aspects of REDD+ and/or other NBS project
- Exceptional and proven community facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with regional and technical staff, and partners including governments, NGOs, and the private sector
- Intermediate English
- Ability to manage a complex workload, requiring efficient project planning and management
- Fluency Bahasa Indonesia
- Will be Placed in YIARI Ketapang, West Borneo
For those of you who are able and meet the above criteria, please send an application no later than August 13, 2020 to the email address : email@example.com