FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Yayasan Inisiasi Alam Rehabilitasi Indonesia (Yayasan IAR Indonesia/YIARI) is a non-profit organization with a focus on the rescue, rehabilitation and conservation of orangutans, slow lorises and macaques. Yayasan IAR Indonesia also works with different stakeholders for habitat and biodiversity protection and conservation management, including the government, private sector and/or local communities.
One of the main threats to orangutan conservation is habitat loss and human-orangutan conflict. Without a more holistic approach to the conservation of orangutans it will not be possible to reduce the numbers of orangutans in need of rescue and rehabilitation and save the species from further declines.
Yayasan IAR Indonesia is urgently looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and qualified and experienced individual to fill a vacant position as Biodiversity Research and Landscape Conservation Programme Advisor. The selected candidate will be based preferable at our office in Ketapang, although location will be flexible as long as there is availability to be present in meetings in Jakarta, Bogor, Pontianak, Ketapang or elsewhere.
- University degree in relevant discipline (biology, forestry or equivalent), with a minimum 1 year experience in a conservation position. Advanced degree may be preferred;
- Proficient computer skill in various MS Office applications (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook);
- Proficient with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS);
- Working knowledge of ArcGis and Remote Sensing;
- Working knowledge of biodiversity conservation and preferably orangutan conservation;
- Previous experience in landscape management or conservation will be preferable;
- Proven ability to write a report with good quality outputs, scientifically based and deliver it on time;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate and write in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities;
- Eloquent and confident and able to meet with high profile government or private sector people.
- Assist the Programme Director and Management in providing necessary advices/inputs and information most importantly in biodiversity research and landscape conservation management;
- Liaise and establish communication and collaboration with private sector and government institutions;
- Government lobby;
- Scientific and non-scientific report writing;
- Proposal writing;
- Provide assistance and work together the Program Director and Board in developing the strategy to achieve organizational goals;
- Provide support and work together with other local or non-local NGOs;
- Provide support in preparing and implementing a capacity development of other YIAR staff.
To those who are interested, please send your application along with a full resume and other relevant supporting documents to:
Deadline for submission by 31 July, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.