Yayasan Inisiasi Alam Rehabilitasi Indonesia (YIARI) is a non-profit organization with a focus on the rescue, rehabilitation and conservation of wildlife. Yayasan IAR Indonesia rescues and rehabilitates orangutans, macaques and slow lorises with the aim to prepare these animals for release back into their natural habitat. Yayasan IAR Indonesia also engages in education and awareness programmes that convey messages to the public to treat all animals with compassion and care.
YIARI opened a vacancy for a position as a Biodiversity Monitoring Officer, who will be placed at the Orangutan Rescue and Conservation Center, Ketapang – West Kalimantan.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum S1 in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or any other relevant subject.
- Minimum 3 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government/ Institutions.
- Strong analytical skills in major database and statistical software.
- Ideally some experience of writing scientific reports and papers.
- Understanding about conservation and biodiversity assessment.
- Familiar with the most recent biodiversity survey techniques (camera trapping, HCV assessments etc.).
- Excellent understanding of private sector management.
- Familiar with basic statistical/technical terms and analytical interpretation.
- Familiar with forest navigation, map reading, able to operate GPS and compass.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools, Distance or other biodiversity software, SPSS or ‘R’.
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
- Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own workload.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently and/or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Able to deal with tide schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented.
- Willing to travel across the project sites in Kalimantan.
For those of you who are able and meet the above criteria, please send an application no later than 30 October 2018 to the email address : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please type an email subjuct: “Biodiversity Monitoring Officer”